When you’re hit by a DDoS attack, it’s easy to redirect your traffic through the Neustar SiteProtect® cloud. This is done most frequently via a quick DNS change.
- The simplest way to reroute traffic
- No special requirements
- Best for protecting a smaller number of hosts and websites that come under attack
How It Works
When you’re under attack or anticipate one:
- Switch the DNS records for any threatened hosts to your Neustar provided IP addresses.
- Your traffic flows through the SiteProtect cloud, where bad traffic is filtered by our SOC’s senior-level DDoS mitigation professionals. Good traffic proceeds to your infrastructure.
- Once the attack subsides, just switch your DNS records back to your original IPs.
DNS Redirection is quick, easy and effective with customized mitigation and support from our Security Operations Center (SOC) experts.