Innovation through Data and Technology
Neustar AdAdvisor® offers a trusted suite of data insights and analytics solutions that allow mobile marketers to easily identify and target audiences at scale. By leveraging our comprehensive database of consumer insights at the household level, marketers can reach audiences most likely to purchase and use specific brands, products and services. This results in higher return on ad spend, fewer wasted ad impressions and smarter mobile media planning.
Mobile advertisers, ad networks and publishers face significant hurdles when it comes to audience targeting.
- Targeting choices like carrier, mobile Operating System, and device type are generally too broad to be truly actionable.
- Shifting device identifier standards, disablement of third party mobile cookies, and lack of persistent identifiers make it difficult to serve relevant mobile ads to the right audience.
- The continuous inflow of new devices, new Operating System versions, and new apps creates even more fragmentation within the mobile ecosystem.
AdAdvisor Mobile Targeting Solution:
AdAdvisor Mobile Targeting provides mobile marketers with the tools needed to heighten insights into their target audiences. Our solutions improve hyperlocal mobile ad targeting by answering key questions marketers ask everyday:
- What does my mobile audience look like in terms of age, household income, and home ownership?
- What kinds of brands, products and services is my current mobile audience most likely to buy?
- How does my current mobile audience overlap with the "sweet spot" of users most likely to purchase my target product or service? How do I find this "sweet spot"?
How We're Different
AdAdvisor Mobile Targeting helps marketers discover insights which are not only granular and substantive, but also easy-to-understand and highly actionable.
Comprehensive quality data coverage:
AdAdvisor has offline attribute data for over 119M US households. We use a mix of proprietary and third party data from over 225 sources to create a rich repository of insights on demographics and buying preferences. The broad scale and coverage of our household data helps mobile marketers make key business decisions rapidly and confidently.
Powerful, easy-to-use platform:
Marketers can create audiences on over 12,000 attributes across a variety of verticals, for example — automotive, travel, personal finance, and shopping... just to name a few. AdAdvisor clients use Neustar's pre-built Audience Groups or create their own custom audiences to get smarter about their target audience.
- Find out what types of households are most likely to shop at Walmart® in terms of household income, age and home ownership.
- Discover the addressable market size of homeowners most likely to drive luxury SUVs.
- See which credit card appeals most to 18 to 24 year olds – Visa®, MasterCard® or Discover®.
Commitment to Privacy
Neustar is committed to the responsible use of personal information to help businesses make better decisions and deliver personalized content without sacrificing personal privacy. To accomplish this goal, we have adopted "Privacy by Design" principles, taking personal privacy into consideration throughout the process of designing, building, and delivering information products and services. Neustar is an active member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
How We Do It
AdAdvisor Mobile Targeting lets mobile marketers identify key audience segments on a zip code or household level. Clients can quickly discover what locations index higher for households likely to purchase certain brands, products and services. Zip code segmentation introduces a powerful way to optimize mobile media spend based on where target customers spend most of their time.
- Discover high population areas containing households most likely to shop at Target®.
- Stack rank zip codes of homeowners most likely to refinance their mortgages with Chase.
- See where in the San Francisco Bay Area Disneyland® visitors are most likely to live.
Mobile Targeting also lets mobile marketers receive attribute data at the household level. By identifying overlaps between a client's mobile audience and AdAdvisor's household data, we help marketers determine product and brand affinities exhibited by their mobile audience. A recent October 2012 study by AOL and BBDO found that 68% of consumer mobile consumption occurs at home. This suggests a high correlation between mobile usage and household level attribute data.
- Discover what proportion of a mobile audience prefers drinking Coke® over Pepsi®.
- See whether a mobile audience is more likely to fly United® or Southwest®.
- Expand a marketing strategy to target more mobile users likely to buy luxury German cars.